Custody Preparation for Moms

A support site provided by those that have been through the process.
   

 

 

Welcome!


Thank you for visiting our website.

KNOWLEDGE is POWER.

The information on this site is not intended to be legal advice. We are not lawyers. We suggest you contact an attorney, and study the law yourself to be informed.

Our website IS intended to help fit and loving mothers who wish to continue to be the primary caretakers of their children. If you have visited our site because you are finding yourself in the middle of contested child custody litigation, you have our most heartfelt sympathies.

Roughly 80% of divorces in our country involve uncontested custody determinations in which both parties agree it is best for the children to reside primarily with their mother in her continued primary care-taking role. It is the other 20% of contested custody cases that this website addresses.

When family violence of any sort has been an issue at any time during your or your children's relationship with their father, we do not recommend joint legal or physical custody arrangements.

Because of the pervasiveness of family violence in our country and the astounding nationwide system failure of our family courts to protect women and child victims, much of this sites' focus is on assisting and educating protective mothers.

"Studies show batterers are able to convince authorities that the victim is unfit or undeserving of sole custody in approximately 70% of challenged cases. " (American Judges Association)

"Fathers who batter mothers are 2 times more likely to seek sole physical custody of their children than are non-violent fathers." (APA1996, p. 40.)

For the abuser, the courtroom is the last tool in his toolbox to control and abuse his victims. It is our goal to reverse this trend for the benefit of our children and our nation's future as a peaceful, non-violent society.

Disclaimer:  All text contained in this website is First amendment protected discussion of the law and procedures of the court. No text on any page of this website may be construed to be legal advice within the meaning of any state unauthorized practice of law. All text on any page of this website is presumed to be First Amendment protected freedom of speech on issues of importance to the civilian population of the United States of America.


2002 - 2012 Custody Preparation For Moms.ORG